Sunday, October 12, 2008

Crust

Ok, here's the thing. I'm just going to put it out there fir off so there's no confusion. I am very, and maybe oddly, protective of my crust. I have no idea if all pie makers are but to me, it's the most important thing. If the crust isn't spectacular then why turn the filling into a pie? Just spoon it over ice cream or make a sandwich out of it. I plan on experimenting with my crust here, but I am not planning to list my recipe. The way I see it is this: if you need a crust recipe of your own, then find a grandma (yours or someone else's) and get a recipe from her. That what I did, thank you grandma Haunstein.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Morgan,
I love that you're doing this blog. I love pie. And I knew you were dreaming about, well, everything PIE. Good for you.
Now what about a recipe for a yummy filling???
xo
Sabra

randal.owen said...

I am also quite good at working up a natural crust. I usually achieve this by venturing off into the wilderness, drinking beer, and not showering for quite some time. This way your crust has a very natural feel and smell to it.. that is important.. (HI Morgan, I will volunteer as cheif pie taster? okay?)

rachel langmaid said...

I am totally with you on this one. Your recipe is YOUR RECIPE. Besides, you can't ever do it exactly the same way twice.
Congratulations on your brand new bouncing baby BLOG! I love it already.

heather said...

Oddly enough, I have started baking a lot up in the Ham. I am still on the pretty easy recipes like snickerdoodles, oatmeal raisin cookies and blueberry muffins however, I have ventured further making coffee cake, black bottom cupcakes and banana bread. Nothing too fancy but you now have inspired me to move onto baking a PIE! Thanks!

-heather

ModernDayNomads said...

I still salivate whenever I think about your yummy N'Awlins pecan pie recipe. Best. EVER. Seriously.